Injector Service Process
Your fuel injectors are the best place to find new
power for your motor!
Getting Your Injectors Balanced & Blueprinted
is what we do:
- Get a base line reading on them
as they came out of the engine.
- Information is downloaded into
a computer (flow rates are in CC per minute).
- Check spray pattern and reverse
flow to check for contaminants.
- Strip down the injector.
- As it is being ultrasonically
cleaned, the injector is opened and closed at a desired pulse width with a
programmable fuel management system.
- Injector is checked for any
- Injector is brought up to a
certain temperature and checked with a strobe to see the fuel atomization.
- Electrical windings in the
injector are checked with an oscilloscope and an ohms test performed.
- Three hydraulic tests are
performed before and after cleaning.
- Perform a Leak Down Test
- Install new pintle caps,
o-rings and in-line filters
- Supplied with a Computer
the process is complete, the key is for all the injectors to be within 0-2%
deviation of one another. They should not exceed a 4% range between one
another. The process improves:
- Flow which is critical under high rpm in relation to
- Fuel Atomization which contributes to the torque rise in the motor
Fuel Injection has found that balanced and blueprinted fuel injectors are
essential to total performance and can add a significant gain in horsepower.